Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spring is on the Way: {DIY} Easter Tree

Hey Guys! Did you have a good weekend? I know I did! I got a lot accomplished including cleaning and creating fun little projects like this DIY Easter tree. I swear if you go in my garage, I have at least 5 projects going...please tell me I'm not the only one that does this??

Okay, so I've never really been one to decorate for Easter but with my little Jesus lovin' babies getting older, NOW is the time to start. I'm questioning why I never decorated for this special holiday before??

Anyways, I've seen a gazillion Easter trees before but none quite like this. My goal was to use as much stuff that I already had on hand. I had the white branches (got them for $1 after Christmas), the bucket, and well...read on to see what else I had on hand after my project went south. I purchased the flowers and moss at the dollar store. The burlap ribbon was purchased at Wal-Mart.

Okay, here we go:

 
I gathered all my items (burlap and moss not pictured...sorry!). Next, I went to put everything in my bucket....the problem was that I forgot to buy some styrofoam to stick my branches in. Crap! I hate when this happens. This is where we start to go south and I have to resort to my "redneck" ways to complete the project.
 
 
SOOO.....I grabbed a big'ole cup and stuck it in the middle of the bucket, then used everything I had on hand to hold the cup in place. I started by cramming deco mesh in the very bottom of the bucket, then topped it with tissue paper..I did a lot of cramming to get everything nice and snug. Then I got a twist tie and wrapped it around the branches for extra support.
 
Last, I topped it with moss and wrapped my burlap ribbon around the bucket. Finally, I added Easter eggs. This project took every bit of 15-20 mintues to throw together. It would have been faster had I purchased the styrofoam :)
 


 
The best part about it is that when Easter is over, I can just take off the eggs and BAM- it's a spring tree:)
 
See y'all in just a bit for Moonshine Monday!
~Amber~ 
 
 
Linking with:
 
 DIY Show Off
 
 
                                              More the Merrier Monday
                                              

24 comments:

  1. Love it~so pretty

    melissa@thetinsel.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just as cute as can be...love it.
    I'm right beside you over at Cozy Little House...Come see me.
    I am linking up to follow you...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bj, following you back! Those apples look amazing!
      Great job :)

      Delete
  3. Good Afternoon Amber, It is lovely to see Forsythia dressed with Easter eggs as this is something I learned to do many years ago whilst living in Germany. I live in England and for us one of the first bushes to flower in Spring tends to be Forsythia, so it is perfect to use with it's yellow flowers at Easter.
    I love the title of your blog and found you via Kim's Wow us Wednesdays.
    I have enjoyed reading your blog and have become a new follower. I would like to invite you to visit Ivy, Phyllis and Me, you would be most welcome.
    Have a lovely day.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Daphne! I am following you back- love your blog- such a beautiful story to go along with it- the generations of women in your family....pretty neat. :) Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. LOVE IT! I've been planning on doing one of these this year as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! I've always wanted to do one- there are so many ways to make an "Easter tree"- I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out! If you make one, feel free to link it up for Moonshine Monday- I would love to see how you do yours.

      Thanks! Have a great week :)

      Delete
  5. Very cute! Your Easter tree looks great! I guess it's time to start getting ready for Easter soon...! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute! I've got to get started with my Easter decorating! Thanks for sharing!


    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna! Easter is coming a little earlier this year. It's not in April like usual. Kind of strange!

      Delete
  7. How cute is that! And you and I sound a lot of alike as I resort to red-neck ways a lot! lol You tree is very pretty and know one would know what all is stuffed in the bucket. Uhhh, except you told us! Hahaha
    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just keepin' it real, Peggy! I thought about acting like I was really organized and proper with my setup...but the truth is that I'm not! I thought I would be completely honest about my little redneck tricks :)

      Delete
  8. I can't wrap my head around Easter just yet - still recovering from Mardi Gras! But yes, I love Easter and try to make a big deal out of it every year. I love your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How darling:) You are giving me ideas for Easter! Thanks for linking up at the Cabin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I could help inspire you. Have a great week!

      Delete
  10. Your Easter tree is lovely. I like your crafting craftiness. No syrofoam--find a substitute. It's more crative when you do things that way. I just found your site over at Cozy Little House.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy that I "found" your blog via Fairhope Supple Co. I look forward to reading more of your DIY projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the egg tree. I am a new follower of yours. Enjoyed browsing and know that my "castle doors are always open over at the royal blog." Tiffany

    ReplyDelete