Saturday, February 16, 2013

~Liebster Award~

Hey Friends! So, on Valentine's Day, I was awarded the Liebster Award from Magali at The Little White House On The Seaside. Liebster, in German, means endearing, valued, lovely, etc. You get the idea. This award is presented as a way to acknowledge up and coming bloggers and to help them be recognized for their outstanding accomplishments within design that is presented on their blog.

 
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
 
 
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about
themselves.

2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then
create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.

3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.

4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.

5. No tag backs.
 
Here are the "about me" questions that Magali presented me with:
 
1. What is the one song/music you listen to when you need to be cheered up? Johnny Cash. His music ALWAYS motivates me and cheers me up. How could you not laugh at "A Boy named Sue"? Come on, it's a classic. PLUS, Johnny Cash is from Arkansas, folks, not Memphis, Tennessee.
 
2. Are you a cat or a dog person? DOG. Big dogs, in fact. We have a large Fox Red Lab named Charlie. When he's in trouble, he goes by Charles.
3.What is the little habbit you know you shouldn't have but can't give up? Miller Lite beer. Sorry, just keeping it real, folks. I'm NOT an alcoholic, just a stay-at-home Mom that sometimes needs a beer after a long day.
4. If you didn't live where you are right now, where would you like to live?  I would still live in the South. Anywhere, as long as it was in the South.
5. What is the colour you never wear? Blue. I don't hate blue...just find that I never wear it.
6. What makes you cry for no reason? Just thinking about my Papaw Bill. He inspired me in everyway imaginable. He passed away a long time ago. I could think of him and all the wonderful memories I had with him and cry at the drop of a hat.
7. What's the device that makes you happy you were born in this era rather than in the Middle Age? It wouldn't be tv's, phones, or computers. I could totally live without those. However, I could not live without my stove and oven.
8. Is there a TV-show you hate to miss? Yes, I love The Vampire Diaries.
9. What's the title of the book that changed your life? The Bible. ----->You should read it. It'll change yours, too.
      
10. Which fictional character are you in love with? I'm not. Sorry.
11. How did you start blogging? I have always been a DIY'er and loved decorating and all things design. I finally just took the plunge several weeks ago and DID it. I'm loving being a blogger and inspiring (hopefully) others.
 
 
 
 
Now, I had a really hard time choosing who to pass the Leibster Award to. I really did. I didn't just choose these blogs because they had less than 200 GFC followers and I felt sorry for them. I chose these fine bloggers because they have raw, beautiful talent when it comes to design. I feel that their work has slipped under the radar when it shouldn't. Listen, I know we all get in a rut where we follow the same blogs every week. However, I challenge you to step out of your comfort zone and check these talented ladies out and give them a chance. You won't be dissapointed...just inspired.
 
 
Here they are:
 
 
 
Ladies, here are the about me questions I'm presenting you with. I'm anxious to see your answers.
 
1. How did you get started blogging?
2. How would you describe your style?
3. Which do you prefer...cool colors or warm?
4. What is your favorite season of the year and why?
5. Are you a dog or a cat person?
6. If you could have lived in any era of time, what would it be?
7. What color do you always fine yourself drawn to?
8. What genre of music do you prefer?
9. Favorite food?
10. Which day of the week is your favorite and why?
11. State something about you that is interesting that we don't already know. (Here, I'll go first. I'm a twin and have sister's that are twins. Yes, my parents had 2 sets of twins. ALL girls. My twin's name is Ashley.)
 
If you ladies have any questions, please feel free to contact me. thehoneysucklebusstop@gmail.com
 
Y'all have fun and congrats for receiving the Leibster Award.
 
Smooches!
Amber




3 comments:

  1. Ooooohhhhh!!! Yippee - Yippee Yea! Thank you so much for choosing Fairhope Supply Co. to receive this bundle of fun! I love your answers and have many that will be the same as yours - dogs and living in the South for starters.

    I love the tidbit about your cool family of twins. That would be fun.

    I'll get to work right away and pass on the excitement.

    Thanks so much for the honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are mighty welcome and very deserving of this award. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading your answers very much! I'm a little late to read them, but it's been a very busy week!

    ReplyDelete