Sunday, February 24, 2013

~Fireplace Reveal~

Hey Y'all! Okay, so I am very excited to share with you my fireplace reveal. I talked to you recently about how my living room was under attack by the color brown. Seriously, though...it was under attack. You can read the post here. I mentioned incorporating more white to give my living room a fresh new look. I chose to start my transition with my fireplace. You will see in the original pictures that it is a funky color wood- it may look pretty in the pictures but it did not work in the space against the paint color as well as the granite. It needed to pop. I chose to paint it Annie Sloan's Old White with a hint of a dark wax over it. I could not be happier with how it turned out! What do you think?

{Before}
 

 
{After}
 






 
I plan on giving you the complete tutorial for these Easter, Spring-inspired topiaries. Both are very easy to make and really give your space that Pottery Barn look and feel. How cute are my little bunnies?!
 
See y'all shortly for Moonshine Monday! I can't wait to share with you who is featured. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. So hurry up and finish your house chores & cooking so you can watch the Oscars with me and share your latest projects!
 
~Smooches~
Amber
 
Linking with...
 
 
Furniture Feature Fridays

32 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! I wasn't convinced when I saw how beautiful the original was but the after shots...yup you definitely made the right choice.

    Kelly @ babioledewindsor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! The pictures make the original wood look really pretty. However, in person it's actually a really odd stain choice for the wood...It almost looked unfinished like it came straight from the factory with a glossy finish and they just went ahead and put it up anyways. My island is the same way...I'll be refinishing that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh girl that looks amazing!!! You did an awesome job!!!

    Melissa@thetinsel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mantel just pops now. Love it. Your bunnies are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - what a transformation!!! It's beautiful - and LOVE your Easter decorations!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment, chick! I love your "I wanna live there" posts! Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  6. The fireplace looks beautiful in all its whiteness! It really does show up so much better than before. Love those cute little Easter egg trees, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel looks so great, and is all decorated for Easter and Spring. Thanks for sharing at the Cabin:0

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful transformation of your fireplace. I love your Easter vignette. The bunnies are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I wish I had a mantel :( I hope you join my party every week- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-9.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure you could recreate the look of a mantle without the actual fireplace. I've seen it done before- super cute. Thanks for the invite!

      Delete
  10. What a difference a little paint makes, huh?
    I love your mantel; I've been looking at lots of them. I'm finally getting around to doing something with my faux mantel...
    So on the look our for ideas.
    Like the white!

    via creative cain cabin.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yea, I'm really loving the white. It's classic.

      Delete
  11. A lovely update! Please share your project at www.creativecraftsthursday.blogspot.com each and every week and check out what other creative divas are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks pretty! we did similar projects on our fireplaces! Laura@Top This TopThat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did we? I will have to go check! I love your blog- full of inspiration!

      Delete
  13. What a difference! Beautiful job and your Easter decor is so pretty. Thanks for sharing at Transformed Tuesday.
    Hugs,
    Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look who is featured later tonight on Transformed Tuesday.
      xoxo
      Peggy

      Delete
    2. WOW! Thank you so much for featuring my work! :)

      Delete
  14. What a great transformation! Please share it on a terrific linky – Design Décor Tuesday. www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com. See you there! ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'll make sure and link up. Have a great week!

      Delete
  15. Wow! That is a fantastic fireplace. I'm installing some fireplaces in chicago, this site has been great to find some amazing ideas. Thank you. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete