Friday, February 1, 2013

~Creole Thrift: Premium Southern Living Without Spending a Mint~

Happy Friday! Are you fine people familiar with the fabulous Angèle Parlange? She is a wonderful designer; woman; dreamer; jack of all trades. Born in Louisiana, this wonderful lady became a writer in 2006 with her book titled, Creole Thrift: Premium Southern Living Without Spending a Mint.  While utilizing family heirlooms to decorate on a dime, Parlange invites people into her enchanting home; The Parlange Plantation. This deep South plantation, located in Pointe Coupee Parish, has roots much further into history than it's ever-lasting, divine live oaks that fill the land. Check out what this {fantastic}, inspiring designer has done to this southern beauty while adding her own creole twist.

 












 




 
 
 
          
   {Y'all have a great weekend}
~Amber~
                   

Linking up with:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Dedicated House- Make it pretty Monday
PJH Designs One of a Kind- Transformed Tuesday
Coastal Charm- Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style- Wow Us Wednesdays
French Country Cottage


                              





14 comments:

  1. What a lovely home! And I just love the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jill! What a lovely blog you have- I am now a new follower! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber, absolutely beautiful:-)Have a great day:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is beautiful, Biljana! Thanks for stopping by! You have a great day as well :)

      Delete
  4. I love the name of your blog and what a beautiful plantation! I'm a new follower and would love for you to link up at Transformed Tuesday. My readers would love this post. Hugs, Peggy~PJH Designs http://pjhdesignsoneofakind.blogspot.com/2013/02/transformed-tuesday-24-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why thank ya, Peggy! Yes, it IS a beautiful plantation. Thanks for following! I would love to link up with ya for Transformed Tuesday. Meet you there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the wonderful tour of this plantation. There are several inspiration pieces I spied for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very welcome, Donna. This plantation is oozing with inspiration! Feel free to link up with me for MoonSHINE Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks FABULOUS! I've been to a few of these plantations. Lived in one of them (one night while dreaming).

    Thank ya' ma'am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, darlin'! Thanks for following & linking up! I just visited your site...LOVE! I am following you back, chick.

      Delete
  9. Wow - beautiful post - I'm house crazy - just did a post on Grey Gardens in the East Hamptons if you're interested!!!!
    http://suzyq-vintagous.blogspot.ca/2013/02/i-wanna-live-there-wednesday-25.html
    Definitely your newest follower -
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Suzan. I am house crazy, too! I'm glad you could appreciate this post as well. I will definitely be checking out your post...I've never been to the Hamptons...only seen pictures. It is beautiful.

    You should link up with me for Moonshine Monday!

    Smooches,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! This book looks like a must pick up - thanks for sharing.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete