Monday, February 11, 2013

Attack of the color BROWN!

Okay, Friends. Let me tell you a story.

 It was a dark, wintry night (okay, so it really was during the day, lunch time to be exact, but just roll with it) and my babies were asleep tucked in their beds. I decided to lay down ( which never happens) on the couch to catch up on sleep. As I lay there, tired, looking around my living room....it hit me. My living room and dining room were under attack...by the color BROWN. It was awful...as I looked around the room, it was everywhere.

Okay, so enough with the drama (save the drama fa' ya momma). Seriously though. I need to incorporate light colors. White is on my mind. It looks like fall got the stomach virus and threw up in my house. Yikes. I have plans, don't worry. Just need to plan my attack and well, let's be real...my time is limited. I'm a mother to two WILD little boys who think they are Peter Pan and can fly off of...well, anything. Yes, it is scary at times to walk into a room and see your 3 year old in mid air screaming "off to Neverland!" ....In my mind, all I can think is "off to the ER!".

Okay, so have fun looking at my pictures and don't let all the yellow and black arrows pointing to the brown blind you.






....Let's play a game called...Have you seen my dining room table? ....mine seems to be camouflaged with my wood floors.


In the process of updating...

~Amber~
 
Linking with:


8 comments:

  1. Dear Amber

    I just wanted to let you know that I'm passing my Liebster Award to you. Please visit my blog (http://thelittlewhitehouseontheseaside.blogspot.fr/) if you want to join in the fun and see waht to do. If you don't, I'll totally understand.

    Magali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! What an honor. Thanks so much for selecting me out of so many bloggers!! Would love to participate. :)

      Delete
  2. Love your sense of humor! It's so funny I feel the same way about our dining room. But...I don't think as much as I love chalk paint and lighter colors I will be painting my dining room furniture. It was my great grandmother's and it kind of feels like I would be sinning against her. I will live vicariously through all your lightening up. I will follow along and see your progress.
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't blame you at all...I could never paint a table that belonged to a close family member. I'm sure there's loads of memories tied to that table...would never want to paint over that. I purchased my table at an estate sale..no ties there...BUT it is a Duncan Phyfe....usually a big no-no to paint those...but I don't always follow the rules...we will see!

      Delete
  3. I thought I had a white decor until a friend pointed out it was actually mostly blue! Good luck with the redo. Happy flying to your young ones. It is nice when they still think they can fly to Neverland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! It's crazy...I guess I had my blinders on...until I realized everything was brown. Yikes! It is very nice having little boys...I wish I had their energy!

      Delete
  4. If you have littles, it is no surprise that you never get a chance to sit down and look about. Good luck removing the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm tellin' ya! Girl, I can't even go pee without seeing little hands sliding under the bathroom door. I constanly hear "Mom, Mommy, Mom!!!!" .....But you know what? I LOVE it. :)

    ReplyDelete